Minor Injuries Unit
A Nurse lead Minor Injuries Unit operates at the Herts and Essex Hospital, Monday to Friday 9am to 4.30pm (last registration).
They can treat:
- minor injuries,
- cuts and burns,
- sprains and strains,
- suspected fratures.
They cannot treat:
- children under 2 years of age,
- dressing changes or stitch removal,
- cold symptoms, ear infections or sore throat,
- abdominal or chest pain.
For further information click here or telephone the unit on 01279 655191 ext 4298.
Click here to view Minor Injuries Unit Leaflet
Urgent Care Centre
A new Urgent Care Centre is available at the QEII Hospital in Welwyn Garden City, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Queen Elizabeth II hospital, Howlands, Welwyn Garden City, Herts. AL7 4HQ Telephone: 01707 328111
Adults and children of all ages with minor injuries or minor illnesses can go to the Urgent Care Centre. No appointment is necessary.
The Urgent Care Centre will treat:
- Muscle and joint injuries - such as strains, sprains, sudden back or neck pain, tendonitis and soft tissue injuries.
- Suspected fractures and broken bones.
- Bites, stings, cuts, bruises and grazes.
- Burns and scalds.
- Foreign bodies stuck in ears or noses.
- Minor eye injuries.
- Minor head injuries.
- Minor illness that cannot wait until your GP surgery is next open.