NHS Travel Vaccinations
If you are going on holiday and require immunisations, please read the details below & contact our Reception Team should you require further details:
- We ask that you complete our Travel Form and forward it to the Reception Team at least 8 weeks prior to your travel date, our Nurse can then assess your requirements, advise and vaccinate.
- An appointment with us is dependent on whether you have provided sufficient notice as requested & we are able to obtain the required vaccinations in time from our suppliers. National supply shortages or late form submissions will result in patients needing to obtain vaccinations at a private clinic where you can discuss the relevant fees / charges relating to your chosen travel destination
- We do not use emergency appointments for travel vaccinations & we cannot guarantee offering vaccinations if you are travelling at short notice as some travel health requirements have long lead times
- Criteria for NHS Travel Vaccinations at GP Surgery:
- Download Travel Form from website or obtain via reception
- complete the travel form fully
- provide 8 weeks notice
- Travel Forms can be obtained from our Reception desk or you can download by CLICKING HERE.
Any national shortages of certain vaccines which affects GP surgeries and travel clinics will be listed here to keep patients up to date, our Nurse will at these times only be able to provide you with vaccines we have in stock.
National Shortage of: No current shortages.
We are continually updated by our vaccine suppliers and will keep patients updated.
Not all vaccinations are provided free of charge on the NHS - some vaccinations may need to be sourced privately by you - Private clinics can be found via an internet search - local clinics to hertfordshire are:
Please visit the following sites for further travel information:
Diabetes UK www.diabetes.org.uk
Foreign Office www.gov.uk/government/organisations/foreign-commonwealth-office
Kids Travel www.kidstraveldoc.com
Medic Alert® www.medicalert.org.uk
NHS Choices www.nhs.uk
For travel health advice for your desitination please select the appropriate link below.
Click here for more information about travel vaccinations.
Baby immunisation appointments are available with our Nurse after 9:30am.
Further information on immunisation can be found HERE.
Click here for a checklist of the vaccines that are routinely offered to everyone in the UK for free on the NHS, and the ages at which they should ideally be given.
Please call our Reception Team after 10am. It is your responsibility to contact us to obtain your results.
Click here for information on test results.
At Parsonage Surgery your health is our priority
As well as being a GP practice with nursing and administration support, we also offer the following services:
- Dietician clinic
- Smoking Cessation Clinic
- Midwifery Services on site
- Maternity Services, which include Baby Checks
- Contraception - Pill Checks, Depo Injections
- Minor Operations & Joint Injections
- Urgent 'On the Day' Appointments
- Private Services
Our Nursing Team can also help with the following - please check with reception whether to book with our Practice Nurse Gemma, Nurse Prescriber Sisi or Healthcare Assistant Sophie :
- Travel advice & Vaccinations (Travel Form completion required 8 weeks before appointment will be offered)
- Ear Syringing (20 minute appointment required - nurse only)
- ECG & 24 hour Blood Pressure Monitoring
- Dietary Advice (we also have a visiting Dietician)
- Cervical Smears (20 minute appointment required - nurse only)
- Childhood Immunisations (Under 3 years old - 20 minute appointment required - nurse only)
- Wound Dressings (appointment times vary - please check with our Reception Team)