NHS Travel Vaccinations
If you are going on holiday & require immunisations, it is important that you take responsibility for your vaccinations, please read the details below & contact our Reception Team if you require further information:
- We ask that you complete our Travel Form & forward it to the Reception Team at least 8 weeks prior to your travel date. Our Receptionist will date stamp the form to confirm the date it was received by us, our Nurse can then assess your requirements, offer advice & vaccinate.
- An appointment with us is dependent on whether you have provided sufficient notice as requested to ensure we are able to obtain the required vaccinations in time from our suppliers. National supply shortages or late form submissions can result in patients needing to obtain vaccinations at a private clinic, whereby you can discuss the relevant fees / charges relating to your chosen travel destination
- We do not use emergency appointments for travel vaccinations. If you are booking a last minute / late deal holiday or have not submitted your forms at least 8 weeks prior to travel, we cannot guarantee offering vaccinations, especially as some travel health requirements have long lead times.
- If you make use of last minute / late deals we suggest you keep your travel vaccinations up to date on a continual basis.
Failure to follow the surgery protocol may result in the Nurse being unable to give you your travel vaccinations.
Please visit the following sites for further travel information:
Diabetes UK www.diabetes.org.uk
Foreign Office www.gov.uk/government/organisations/foreign-commonwealth-office
Kids Travel www.kidstraveldoc.com
Medic Alert® www.medicalert.org.uk
NHS Choices www.nhs.uk
For travel health advice for your desitination please select the appropriate link below.
Click here for more information about travel vaccinations.
Baby immunisation appointments are available with our Nurse only (not HCA or GP) after 9:30am.
Further information on immunisations can be found HERE.
Click here for a checklist of vaccines that are routinely offered to everyone in the UK for free on the NHS, along with the ages at which they should ideally be given.
Please call our Reception Team after 10am. It is your responsibility to contact us to obtain your results.
Click here for information on test results.
At Parsonage Surgery your health is our priority
As well as being a GP practice with nursing & administration support, we also offer the following services:
- Dietician clinic
- Smoking Cessation Clinic
- Midwifery Services on site
- Maternity Services, which include Baby Checks
- Contraception - Pill Checks, Depo Injections
- Minor Operations & Joint Injections
- Urgent 'On the Day' Appointments
- Private Services
Our Nursing Team can also help with the following - please check with reception whether to book with our Practice Nurse Gemma or Healthcare Assistant Sophie :
- Travel advice & Vaccinations (Travel Form completion required 8 weeks before appointment will be offered - nurse only)
- Ear Syringing (20 minute appointment required - nurse only)
- ECG & 24 hour Blood Pressure Monitoring - (Healthcare Assistant)
- Dietary Advice (we also have a visiting Dietician)
- Cervical Smears (20 minute appointment required - nurse only)
- Childhood Immunisations (Under 3 years old - 20 minute appointment required - nurse only)
- Wound Dressings (appointment times vary - please check with our Reception Team - book with Healthcare Assistant)
- Vaccinations - please check with our Reception Team
Please note that several services we currently offer to our patients i.e. ear syringing, wound dressing, spirometry,, ECG, 24 hour BP, are not part of our NHS core contracted services, therefore we offer these as a complimentary service to our patients. These services may be withdrawn at the discretion of our GP Partners.