NHS Travel Vaccinations
There is currently a national shortage of the Hep A Vaccines which is affecting all GP surgeries and travel clinics. We may not be able to give you this vaccine in your travel consultation.
If you are going on holiday and require immunisations, please contact the Reception Team - further details below:
- We ask that you complete our Travel Form and forward it to the Reception Team at least 8 weeks prior to your travel date, our Nurse can then assess your requirements, advise and vaccinate.
- An appointment with us is dependent on whether you have provided sufficient notice as requested & we are able to obtain the required vaccinations in time from our suppliers. National supply shortages or late form submissions will result in patients needing to obtain vaccinations at a private clinic & discuss the relevant fees / charges relating to your chosen travel destination
- We do not use emergency appointments for travel vaccinations. If you do not provide 8 weeks notice, do not complete the travel form fully, or are travelling at short notice, we cannot guarantee offering vaccinations & some travel health requirements have long lead times.
Travel Forms can be obtained from our Reception desk or you can download by CLICKING HERE.
Not all vaccinations are provided free of charge on the NHS - some vaccinations may need to be sourced privately by you - Private clinics can be found via an internet search - local clinics to hertfordshire are:
A local Yellow Fever Centre is based at South Street Surgery in Bishops Stortford. They currently charge £60 per vaccination (as of Dec 2016). Please contact South Street directly to book on 01279 465700.
For travel health advice for your desitination please select the appropriate link below.
Click here for more information about travel vaccinations.
Baby immunisation appointments are available with our Nurse after 9:30am.
Further information on immunisation can be found HERE.
Click here for a checklist of the vaccines that are routinely offered to everyone in the UK for free on the NHS, and the ages at which they should ideally be given.
Please call our Reception Team after 10am. It is your responsibility to contact us to obtain your results.
Click here for information on test results.
At Parsonage Surgery your health is our priority
As well as being a GP practice with nursing and administration support, we also offer the following services:
- Dietician clinic
- Smoking Cessation Clinic
- Midwifery Services on site
- Maternity Services, which include Baby Checks
- Contraception - Pill Checks, Depo Injections
- Minor Operations & Joint Injections
- Urgent 'On the Day' Appointments
- Private Services
Our Practice Nurse or Healthcare Assistant can also help with the following:
- Travel advice & Vaccinations (Travel Form completion required 8 weeks before appointment will be offered)
- Ear Syringing
- ECG & 24 hour Blood Pressure Monitoring
- Dietary Advice (we also have a visiting Dietician)
- Cervical Smears (20 minute appointment required - nurse only)
- Childhood Immunisations (Under 3 years old - 20 minute appointment required - nurse only)
- Wound Dressings (appointment times vary - please check with our Reception Team)
- Flu vaccinations
(Please check with our Reception Team who you should book a particular appointment with - especially if booking online)